Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Words to Live By

Happy New Year 2017 (Erin Condren Web Site)

Words to Live By

There are motivational stickers and cards in each order that I place with my planner or journals (notebooks) that I have bought from Erin Condren. There are also similar motivation messages sprinkled throughout the pages. I have no problem with motivation but I do think that the ones that are telling me to "be fun" and to "enjoy" might be some ideas I need to pay attention to. 

I practice Project Based Genealogy and much of the time, my projects are thematic. That fits with my learning as an educator and it should work with my retired life too. In case you don't follow my gravestone blog, here are the two links to past blog posts about that.

I started bullet journaling this year as a way to have better control over my research plan. I also see a need to try and find a way to organize and record research that doesn't fit neatly into genealogy software.  I wrote a blog post last October that many people have read. In case you didn't see it, here's the link:

It does take a LOT of time to set up your planner, notebooks and bullet journals and I have taken my time doing that and it will pay off. Yes, I need time to enjoy my life so that needs to be considered.

Have a great holiday season and see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment