Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sentimental Sunday: Del's Week

The Highly Caffeinated Genealogist Presents:
 Del's Week
A Story of Home that Lives On...

Photo by Midge Frazel, 2015
Well, you have heard of Shark Week, haven't you? 

I'm not a fan of sharks at all, especially when they are people. But, when my little neighbor had a shark theme birthday, I took one of the little shark toys that was on the food table and began to think about how it would look with my very smallest Del's cup. 

Be careful what you think about size. Rhode Island is the smallest state in the union but it packs a big punch.

Of course, if you live outside of Rhode Island, you may not know what Del's Lemonade is but that's why we have the Internet now. I believe in self-education.

I miss having a Del's in the summer, so we usually drive to Rhode Island at least once and get a big container to bring home. It is a symbol of home. It comforts and relaxes me. Find your own symbol and focal point because this one is MINE. I am deadly serious about this...

Home and family are important to family historians and genealogists and is at the core of all of our work, even if it is not our family. 

There is no caffeine in Del's. But, it is going to take a lot of energy for me to tell you about it. Hold on to your dorsal fin for this fun series of blog posts with a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment