Friday, April 22, 2016

Just Hanging Around

Hanging Folder Project, Midge Frazel, 2016
Just Hanging Around

On this first Blogiversary, I felt motivated to share how I am staying organized and write three blogs by only working a few hours a day now that I am retired. 

I took some time off this week to plan. The hanging folder organizer on the left in this photo was so full of files, that it fell off the wall! The time had come to redo my "forms and files" at my fingertips and hang up the second hanging folder holder that I purchased at Back to School time last August. These were both bought at my local Walmart but they don't have them year round. As luck would have it, I stumbled over a similar organizer at Amazon.com and have ordered it. The plastic folders (without gussets), I bought at a local BJs but they don't stock them except at Back to School, so I have ordered this set also at Amazon.com.

I am a forms junkie. I use them to work out my family lines on paper and then when I am satisfied with what I have found, I enter any new information or sources into my research journal and only then does it go into my tree. With my planner in use this year, I am finding it easier to walk away from the computer in the middle of research or a partially written blog post.

Interruptions have always been a problem for me and they probably are for you too. The Family Tree Magazine Forms CDs and the "workbooks" that are in the print magazine are so useful, I wonder how I did research without them. 

In May I hope to research more gravestones and get ahead for the summer but that means putting other research aside while I am doing that. I have learned I can't do it all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment