Monday, July 6, 2015

The Enemy, The Stairs

Photo by Midge Frazel, 2015
Sometimes obstacles in genealogy seem insurmountable, don't they? Making a research plan with plenty of time to tackle tasks is a basic first step.  Right now this is the enemy to my research plan, and it is the staircase in my condo. 

My office is upstairs but at least I have been smart to keep my iPad mini and my MacBook laptop downstairs. I put small items in the stair-step basket to go upstairs and there is a basket at the top for items to go downstairs. That's my management plan. I am trying not to go up and down too many times a day as I get older. My knees, back and hip are the "real" enemy and that's why it seems impossible to manage. But, it can be an obstacle to my research and writing.

Using "the cloud" helps me meet my goal of not going up and down stairs, however the stairs are good exercise. Management is harder than it looks.

I'm very glad these stairs are not brick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment